So...I am beginning a new blog. All the posts before the past 11 years, gone forever. Sad! There are wolves out there. Wolves who are waiting to chew you up and spit you out. Has it made me stronger? Maybe...it has definitely made me more guarded but I don't want to be too guarded. I want to be authentic. I think that is one of the worst things a pastor's wife experiences. Expectations! When she doesn't meet those expections, the problems quickly rise up. I spent the last 5 1/2 years trying to meet those expectations. Every turn I made, there was a new one. I just couldn't keep up by ore and backed off which made people more upset. The pressures were unending.
Here I am...a new house, new church family, new state, new lifestyle...starting over is good. But may I never forget what I have learned in my Colorado journey.
And then there is this....we went on a quiet vacation to Durango, CO where i took this picture. We didn't tell anyone because so many people were in our business and we needed to get away. Proverbs 31 has always been a favorite section of mine. You want to talk about a Titus 2 woman...this woman was amazing. But I loved the Hebrew words used in Prob. 31:26. ESV says, " She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."
I made this meme as a reminder of the lady I desire to be. I'm human and therefore fail at this goal daily. But I keep aiming for that goal. Especially in this new ministry post. I am graduating in a few months and will be certified in women's ministry. I want to be a vessel of the Lord's and for His Spirit to fill my mouth with the wisdom that only comes from Him.

Praise the Lord for new beginnings, new challenges, and new adventures! So excited for you guys and can't wait to see what happens in this new chapter. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. 10 weeks!! ♡