Remember Alfred Hitchcock's movie, "The Birds"? It was filmed at Bodega Bay, California. We took a spontaneous drive out there yesterday afternoon...It was absolutely gorgeous. I just love the ocean breeze!
Let me just add, it is hard for me to be spontaneous like this. I am such a scheduled person that I have to have everything organized. Just throwing stuff in the car and leaving was hard for me to swallow. But I did it! And survived!! Next time, I will plan to bring my camera along though. (See what happens when you don't plan?)
So these pics were taken with my phone...
The boys said they wouldn't need a jacket. They hadn't been to the west coast since they were toddlers. They wanted to bring their swim trunks. Ha! I bet they were glad they didn't and thankful that I threw their jackets in last minute.
We took our shoes and socks off and walked the beach. We stumbled upon seals! Look at that!!!!
We didn't get any closer than this. Didn't want to get in trouble and too, I'm not sure what they do. They saw us! There were little baby seals out there (if I would have brought my camera, I could have zoomed in more.)
We stopped for my man to get his craving fix of fresh salt water oysters. Weston LOVED them and now is an oyster buddy of his dad's.
I did get it all on video. Wyatt then Weston then the little boys tried. I am so proud of them for trying...
We went and had dinner on the ocean front as the sun was beginning to set.
While we were eating dinner, we saw spouts of water in random places. We grabbed our binoculars and saw so many whales. It was just perfect and like God allowed that to happen just for us.
I enjoyed seeing all the sailboats together. I just love this place and the fact that we could just drive home. I think we will love it here...what do you think?
And guess what we watched last night as a family? Yep...we rented "The Birds"...



























.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment