Here we go...time to move forward. My first day of Physical Therapy. I'm so excited...Most people probably wouldn't be because it can be very painful.
I'm motivated and determined. I also have a high pain threshold so I say BRING IT!!! Get me in my running shoes as soon as possible.
We have been very blessed the past 4 weeks. Our church family has been amazing. God has blessed us and we are so grateful. In the past 4 weeks, I've lost muscle mass. My legs are so strong and the best part of my body. I've worked hard on my calves and quads. I'm gonna have to build them back up again. Not cool...but I will do it. So with losing muscle mass, I feel like I'm just gaining weight. I decided to start a cleanse to get my body back on my clean eats as I begin Physical therapy.
This morning, I weighed myself...I'm already 15 lbs lighter that I was 4 weeks ago. Today is also day 2 of my cleanse.
Yesterday, I ate fruit and drank water all day. Y'all...I HATE fruit. Maybe they are too sweet? I don't know...just never have been a fruit eater. Today is all veggies and I can cook them. Which is right up my alley. I LOVE vegetables. So today will be a breeze. I fought through yesterday and it is paying off today. My body is beginning to clean out!
So after my vegetarian sweet potato hash this morning, I took off to PT.
Yes...DUNAMIS 116...still my motivator. Maybe that should be tattooed around my scar on my foot???
Here we go!!! On the right path.
I'll see my doctor again Thursday. He will decide if he thinks my incisions are healthy enough for the pool. In the meantime, I have 3 exercises I need to do 5 times a day.
So, in my scheduled mind, I have it scheduled daily. So I can do my work.
I will also begin getting a laser treatment 3 times a week to help recover quicker. I was doing this before my surgery...Here is a picture.
I do ask for prayer. For healing but please pray for my husband. He is doing so much and I am so thankful for him. But I know he is exhausted and ready for me return to the usual homemaking skills.


No comments:
Post a Comment