Monday, December 5, 2016

FIRST

This is how an email went to a dear friend earlier today...

I have never really pondered much on a word for the year. I never prayed about or really chewed on it. Just sort of picked one...and only one year was really thought of for the whole year.

My word is more of a phrase for 2017. First of all, I like that there is a 7 in it. With the perfect number...I really need to focus on Him through the year. I know I do every year, but I can always challenge myself more and I don't think I do that enough. I have a quiet time every morning and I want to dig. I want to be moved by his powerful spirit. I want to feel it wash over me like a wave in the ocean. Im reminded of the song by Lauren Daigle, "FIRST". "Before I bring my need I will bring my heart. Before I lift my cares I will lift my arms..."

This morning, I woke up thumbing through scriptures to help guide me to the PERFECT word for the year with the PERFECT number. I kept hearing "Seek First"...Wyatt preached on worry yesterday. (yeah...perhaps casting off should be my phrase) Anyway, he focused on Matt. 6:33. The reason we worry is because we aren't seeking Christ! OUCH!!!!! This verse should be a focal point. Much like needing a focal point in labor. To get through the pain, we must focus on something. We must focus on Christ to get through the pain.

So, "SEEK FIRST" is going to be my theme this new year. I so desperately need a new glorious journey with Father. I have worried too much in 2016 and have wasted so much time. I like what John Piper said, "I don't want to be a comfort-seeking, entertainment-addicted, security-craving, approval-desiring Christian."

So there it is...written out, shared with my friend and my husband and now with you.

WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment